Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And then there were dogs

Dogs! They worm their way into your life and heart. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been a "dog person" for over 5 years now. My husband and I have two wonderful dogs, both of which we adopted from shelters. It saddens me that there are so many dogs that are dropped off, returned or end up at shelters due to abuse and neglect. I cannot understand how humans can treat a species that are so loyal and loving as disposable. But every single day it happens. One reason is that we don't take the time to learn about our four legged friends and their needs. When we don't fulfill our dog's needs, they can develop issues such as excessive barking, separation anxiety, running away, destroying things or developing obsessive and even aggressive behaviours. Together we can change that!

The purpose of my blog is to offer tips and advice on how to avoid and correct some of  the behaviours you may have unintentionally caused. It's never to late to improve the relationship you have with your dog.

And along the way I will also share other dog related products, events or stories that may interest you.

Thank you for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment